Featured The Vintage Pedal Car Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Neal Andres, Jun 6, 2021.

1. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Excellent thread, Neal!
    Good job!

Any Jewelry and Neal Andres like this.
  2. Neal Andres

Neal Andres Well-Known Member

With the exception of the Coupes posted above, the 20s car's windshield material is isinglass, sometimes spelled eisinglass. Similar to what is used on automotive convertible tops or boats. Very hard to find a 20s pedal car with the windshield 100% original. Most collectors leave the space empty. I hunt for non yellowed isinglass as much as new cars. The 30's cars used more of a clear plastic material.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. Neal Andres

Thanks for the kind encouraging words. Not sure what I'm doing actually but trying to keep posting things that others might enjoy.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Neal Andres

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous photo, Neal. Do you know who won? Bugatti of course, but which child?

Neal Andres likes this.
  6. Neal Andres

We did @Any Jewelry. We got to see a moment captured in time because of a photograph. We got to wonder and imagine.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

True!:)

8. Neal Andres

Today's pedal car post is of a 1925 American National Paige. There are many things that captured my attention about this car. Within this niche collecting hobby, I find this car to be one of the best proportioned and appointed car models complete with tilt steering, opening door, fully sprung for a smooth ride, luggage rack, and much more. The car has the Boston Store painted on the side so I imagine that this car was part of a contest and some lucky boy or girl (lucky parents too) got to take this car home for free. The final photo in this post shows this car in between it's older (1924) and younger (1928) siblings. I will also be posting catalog pics and vintage photos of this model car on my Photos & Ephemera thread. IMG_6060 copy.jpg IMG_6062.JPG IMG_6058 copy.jpg IMG_6065.JPG Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 3.59.15 PM.png

9. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

@Neal Andres - What's the metal accordion thing on the passenger side running board? Seems like that would be one of the first things to get broken and knocked off the car.

Neal Andres likes this.
  10. Neal Andres

That's the luggage rack.

11. Neal Andres

12. Neal Andres

Happy 4th of July IMG_6096.JPG

Figtree3 and anundverkaufen like this.
  13. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Neal - have we seen that little squishy face one on the right before? I don't remember ...

Neal Andres likes this.
  14. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I went back and now I remember you got it on ebay. So cute!!!

Neal Andres likes this.
  15. Neal Andres

The 1936 Ford (the squishy one on the right) is quite small actually. Even though you can adjust the pedal distance in most of these cars, this one was made primarily for 3 year olds while the blue one could carry a child up to 8 years old.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted